The editor expects your professional help in reaching final decision on submitted manuscripts.
Invitations to review, including a copy of the abstract, are emailed by the Editorial Office. If a reviewer accepts an invitation to review a paper, the Editorial Office will email the Review Form and the manuscript in question. On completion of the assessment, reviewers are asked to send it back by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you agree to review, you are confirming that you have no competing interests that may affect your ability to provide an objective evaluation. You are committed to a confidential review process.
Your opinion is expected in three weeks period.
Reviewer comments should be provided in the form of:
- Declaration of opinions in the Review Form at all included points,
- Comments to be shared directly with the authors, and
- Confidential comments reserved for the editors.
Basic evaluation includes:
- Checking for adherence to the journal’s basic scope and criteria for submission;
- Indicating and commenting on major values and weaknesses of the manuscript;
- Commenting on the study design, methods and the presentation of results;
- Commenting on the authors’ interpretation of the data, conclusion and possible limitations;
- Commenting on any ethical concerns and/or possible publication misconduct;
- Providing the authors with constructive and useful suggestions;
- Declaring suggestions for the editor.
Commentary directed at the authors should be expressed in an objective and neutral tone. Constructive opinions/criticism is expected. It is helpful to include an initial paragraph summarizing major findings presented, state major suggestions/criticisms and minor criticisms if and where appropriate. Numbering of comments is advised as it helps the author’s response and editor’s evaluation.
Your contribution will be acknowledged and greatly appreciated.